BYU dominated on both ends of the ball, and Max Hall walked away with well-deserved Vegas Bowl MVP honors. But BYU didn't exactly walk away with the jackpot after leaving Vegas. In fact, the Vegas Bowl is one of the lowest payouts of any bowl game at $1 million. Let's put this into perspective. Here are a few teams that will be walking away with the same paycheck as BYU, but my questions is, do they deserve to?
- EagleBank Bowl: UCLA and Temple $1 Million.
- Champs Sports Bowl: Miami vs. Wisconsin: $2.13 Million.
- Sun Bowl: Oklahoma (who we beat) vs. Stanford: $1.9 Million.
- Texas Bowl: Navy vs. Missouri: $1.25 Million
- Libery Bowl (our old contract): East Carolina vs. Arkansas: $1.35 Million.
- Insight Bowl (my personal fav): Iowa State vs. Minnesota: $1.2 Million.
I've got to give BYU props for playing great in the Vegas Bowl and for hating on Utah. Now, I would like to see Tommy Holmoe fight in the offseason to get the MWC champion a little better paying bowl game.